WHAT TO EXPECT
The street dance classes at Hampton Court House for 11-16 year olds will be a fusion of commercial jazz, hip-hop and street, taking inspiration from current RnB and hip-hop music.
Each week you will learn steps and simple combinations before piecing them together and developing these into longer, more complex routines.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Is the course suitable for beginners?
Yes, absolutely. Both girls and boys aged 11 to 16 are welcome.
Do I need special equipment or clothing?
No, just comfortable clothing that you can move easily in, such as tracksuit bottoms or leggings and a top. In terms of footwear, clean trainers or street dance shoes are recommended.
This sounds really cool. Can mums and dads come too?
Not to this class, because we want to keep it for children and teenagers, although we also offer weekly dance classes for adults.
Meet your tutor
Lauren is Hampton Court House's ballet teacher. She first started ballet at the age of three at Dance Warehouse in Kent, where her passion quickly grew from a hobby into a vocation. Later, Lauren extended her dance experience by studying jazz, contemporary and street jazz alongside ballet. Her love of teaching was first kindled at age 15, when she was invited to become an assistant in dance classes at her dance school, before developing her practical and academic experience with a degree in ballet education from the Royal Academy of Dance.
RESERVE A PLACE
An exciting, high-energy dance class inspired by the latest music
- This course will run for 10 sessions on Thursday afternoons from 5.30pm to 6.30pm, starting on 12 January, with a week's break at half term.
- Fee: £150 – covers the whole term’s classes. A reduced rate is available for Hampton Court House pupils.
- Suitable for children aged 11 to 16. We also offer a wide range of courses for adults.
- Numbers are capped in order to ensure personal attention from the tutor, so we recommend reserving a place soon.
- The first class is a taster session; if the course is not suitable, we offer a full no-quibble refund.