Parent and Child Ballet
For adults with children aged 18 months to 3 years
WHAT TO EXPECT
In this specially-designed class for adults and toddlers (aged 18 months to 3 years) together, you will learn the basics of ballet with our Royal Academy of Dance registered teacher, Lauren Haith.
Inspire your child to learn new skills by practising together in this enchanting weekly session. You will improve your fitness and flexibility, while little ones will develop their co-ordination, musicality and attention spans. Learn together in the beautiful surroundings of our Georgian house.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Is the course suitable for beginners?
Yes, absolutely. We welcome adults (and children) with no experience or some.
Do I need special equipment or clothing?
No, just comfortable clothing that you can move easily in, such as tracksuit bottoms or leggings and a top.
Could grandparents or godparents come instead?
Yes, absolutely. This short weekly session is a wonderful opportunity for parents, grandparents or godparents to bond with the little one in their life. If you don’t have a small child handy, we also offer weekly ballet classes just for grown-ups.
Does it cost anything for children?
No, the course fee is per adult and includes you bringing a toddler.
Meet your tutor
Lauren is Hampton Court House's ballet teacher. She first started ballet at the age of three at Dance Warehouse in Kent, where her passion quickly grew from a hobby into a vocation. Later, Lauren extended her dance experience by studying jazz, contemporary and street jazz alongside ballet. Her love of teaching was first kindled at age 15, when she was invited to become an assistant in dance classes at her dance school, before developing her practical and academic experience with a degree in ballet education from the Royal Academy of Dance.
RESERVE A PLACE
An enchanting way to learn together with your little ones
- This course runs on Wednesday mornings from 10.30 to 11.15am, starting on 26 April 2017, with a week's break at half term
- Fee: £90 – covers the whole term’s classes
- Suitable for adults with children aged 18 months to 3 years. We also offer wide range of evening courses just for adults
- Numbers are capped in order to ensure personal attention from the tutor, so we recommend reserving a place soon
- The first class is a taster session; if the course is not suitable, we offer a full no-quibble refund