Kickstart your French with our fun, fast-paced course for improvers, taught by a native French speaker
The focus of this course is building your confidence and fluency, enabling you to communicate with ease in French without worrying about the odd mistake. You will develop your vocabulary by using and manipulating the French language in a wide variety of scenarios presented by your tutor.
Working with a small group of like-minded peers, you will practise reading and writing, speaking and listening. Numbers are capped in order to ensure individual attention from your tutor, who is a passionate advocate of French culture, including theatre and film.
Hampton Court House is a bilingual school renowned for our commitment to the French language and culture. We were the first school in Britain to be recognised with Institut Français status by the French Government.
If you wish, you have the opportunity to sit the DELF (Diplôme d'études en langue Française) exam at A1 (introductory) or A2 (improver) levels. DELF is a qualification created by the French Ministry of Education and is recognised around the world.
WHO IS IT FOR?
This course is designed especially for those who have distant memories of studying some French at school. We aim to have you communicating in French with confidence. If you already have an intermediate/advanced level of French, and want to take your skills to a higher level of fluency, try our Accelerate your French course.
- A fast-paced, systematic, and (most importantly) fun French course designed specifically for adults – suitable for those wanting to brush up very rusty French from school or travels from years ago.
- You will build your fluency and confidence throughout the course through a variety of oral and written scenarios. You will also learn grammar and vocabulary that will help you use and manipulate the French language.
- Taught by a native-speaking French teacher Aurore Duvollet. Aurore holds a degree in teaching French as a foreign language and also has experience as an actress and theatre director.
- The course employs the same systematic language teaching approach as we use with our children at Hampton Court House. There is also the opportunity to gain the internationally renowned DELF qualification, if you wish.
- Meet friends or make new ones at our weekly supper club before your lesson, which is included in the fee.
Meet your tutor
Aurore teaches French language, literature and drama at Hampton Court House, including as part of CNED, the French government scheme that enables native French speakers and talented linguists from other countries to study the French curriculum overseas. She is enthusiastic about languages, travel and the arts in general. Since her early childhood she has been passionate about drama.
She grew up in Normandy where she obtained a master’s degree in theatre Studies from the University of Caen. Alongside her studies, Aurore staged plays for the university theatre festival and later completed several internships with professional stage directors. She spent a year in Germany on the Erasmus Programme and subsequently obtained a degree in German in Strasbourg. Following this, Aurore worked in Vienna as a French teacher in various high schools. More recently, Aurore has gained another degree in teaching French as a foreign language and worked as a French teacher in private schools in Montpellier.
Reserve your place
Quickly develop your French language skills
- This course runs on Thursday evenings from 7.00pm to 8.30 pm, starting on 19 April, with two weeks’ break at half term
- Course Fee: £200 – covers the whole term’s lessons and an informal buffet supper served at 6.15 pm each week before class
- Numbers are capped in order to ensure personal attention from the tutor, so we recommend reserving a place soon
- The first class is a taster session; if you decide that the course is not for you, we offer a full no-quibble refund