Accelerate your French towards fluency and immerse yourself in the rich culture of the French-speaking world with this fast-paced and intellectually stimulating course
With this intellectually stimulating language course, intermediate French speakers can accelerate their French skills towards fluency.
You will learn how to communicate fluently and with ease in French-speaking countries, and will discover the rich culture of the francophonie through literature, politics, film, food and the arts. In fast-paced lessons you will be presented with real-life situations that will challenge you. Your native French speaking tutor will help you develop your skills with systematic teaching of grammar and vocabulary.
Working with a small group of like-minded peers, you will practise reading and writing, speaking and listening. This course offers you the opportunity to gain the DELF or DALF qualifications if you wish. Numbers are capped in order to ensure individual attention.
A thousand years of culture...
Top (L-R): General Charles de Gaulle; Quebec in winter; Marie Antoinette
Bottom: Vannes, Brittany; “Liberty Leading the People”, by Eugene Delacroix (1830); the Battle of Dien Bien Phu, Vietnam (1954)
Gain the DELF/DALF qualification
If you wish, you have the opportunity to sit the DELF (Diplôme d'études en langue Française) exam at B1 or B2 level or the DALF (Diplôme approfondi de langue française) at C1 or C2 levels. These qualifications are created by the French Ministry of Education and are which is recognised around the world.
Hampton Court House is a bilingual school renowned for our commitment to the French language and culture. We were the first school in Britain to be recognised with Institut Français status by the French Government.
Who is it for?
This course is for intermediate French speakers who are keen to take their language skills to the next level. You may have done A level French a while ago; perhaps you feel you have reached a plateau; or maybe you have a home in France and would like to move beyond basic conversation.
We also offer a French course for beginners/improvers called Kickstart your French.
- A fast-paced, systematic, and (most importantly) fun French course designed specifically for adults with intermediate French looking to take their skills to the next level.
- Taught by a native-speaking French teacher Manon Tournier. Manon holds a degree in teaching French as a foreign language and also has experience as a DELF examiner for the Institut Français.
- The course employs the same systematic language teaching approach as we use with our children at Hampton Court House. There is also the opportunity to gain the DELF or DALF qualifications, if you wish.
- Meet friends or make new ones at our weekly supper club before your lesson, which is included in your course fee.
Meet your tutor
Manon Tournier is Director of CNED at Hampton Court House. (CNED is the French government programme that enables native French speakers and talented linguists from other countries to study the French curriculum overseas.) Manon was born in France, but grew up in Romania, the Seychelles, Andorra and Luxembourg. She was educated in the French educational system, but always has had a strong interest in the different cultures and languages she experienced. Manon holds a degree in teaching French as a foreign language. Her experience includes teaching French in a comprehensive school in West London as well as teaching and examining for the Institut Français in Kensington. She has recently completed further studies at master’s degree level, with a thesis exploring the impact and effectiveness of studying French through immersion at a young age.
Reserve your place
Quickly develop your French language skills
- This course runs on Thursday evenings from 7.00 to 8.30 pm, starting on 19 April, with two weeks’ break at half term
- Course Fee: £200 – covers the whole term’s lessons and an informal buffet supper at 6.15 pm each week before class
- Numbers are capped in order to ensure personal attention from the tutor, so we recommend reserving a place soon
- The first class is a taster session; if you decide that the course is not for you, we offer a full no-quibble refund