Discover the possibilities of animation: join this exciting, inspiring, creative journey
Adventures in Motion is a magical journey where you can discover the possibilities of animation, led by BAFTA-nominated film maker and artist Eve Blackwood, using techniques from the birth of film to the present day.
Hone your creative storytelling skills as you plan and storyboard for your project.
Use a range of exciting technology to achieve dynamic storytelling through the universal language of moving image.
Discover where your film making strengths lie as we work together in all the roles involved in constructing a film – script writing, directing, sound design, editing, visual effects, and voice acting, to name but a few. This part of the course will run in collaboration with Screen Time.
WHO IS IT FOR?
This course is for any budding young animators aged 11 to 16. You do not need to be a pupil at Hampton Court House. Also, you do not need to be really good at drawing – you will learn to use different tools including paper, clay, computers and smart phones to create animations.
All are welcome!
We also offer a wide range of courses for adults at Hampton Court House on Thursday evenings.
Meet your tutor
Eve graduated from Edinburgh College of Art with a degree in illustration and went on to study animation for a postgraduate diploma. Her graduation film was shown at that year’s Edinburgh International Film Festival. After a period teaching film and animation for a range of clients as varied as the National Museum of Scotland and HM Prison Saughton, she gained a place on a master’s degree course at Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art in Dundee. On completion of this course her graduation film was nominated for a BAFTA and shown internationally.
On moving to London in 2000, Eve joined the BBC and worked on drama, children’s and natural history productions as an editor until she left in 2009 to have her children.
Reserve your place
Secure your place today for this inspiring journey
- This course will run for 10 sessions on Thursday afternoons from 5.30pm to 6.30pm, starting on 12 January, with a week's break at half term.
- Fee: £150 – covers the whole term’s classes and use of equipment. Free for Hampton Court House pupils.
- Suitable for children aged 11 to 16. We also offer a wide range of courses for adults.
- Numbers are capped in order to ensure personal attention from the tutor, so we recommend reserving a place soon.
- The first class is a taster session; if the course is not suitable, we offer a full no-quibble refund.